The Falling Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demi

Demi

A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite] Empty
PostSubject: A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite]   A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:30 pm

“Hmm... looks like this is the place.”, Demi spoke softly as she looked up from the rather old and tattered diary that lay open in her hands: it’s spine so worn that it gave no resistance at all to its positioning. The diary had been an old friend-turned-enemy who had been like a mother to her for a while, and now that she had passed on (thank god, it couldn’t have happened any sooner?) the diary and everything else was Demi’s. Of course, it wasn’t going to be that easy. Her freind-enemy was cunning, a trickster amongst the best of them, and even Demi was willing to admit that, which of course meant that her most valuable treasures were well hidden and from the notes within the diary she was following they were well guarded. Even the diary itself had had to be decoded so that it could be understood at all.

The search so far had led them to the old cathedral church that Demi was now looking up at from the nearby cemetery, shrouded in the shadows of the night so as to not draw attention to herself in case anyone happened to be wondering the streets this late into the night. The church made no sense and yet made complete sense all at the same time: her friend-enemy would have never stepped foot inside of a church or any sort of place of worship, therefore it meant no one who knew her would think to ever look in such a place. It was perfect, really.

Of course, Demi had no aversion to churches. Holy water didn’t affect her any more than brandishing a cross at her would – if anything you’d get the damn thing shoved down your throat for trying. So, Demi simply brushed back her deep black bangs from her eyes, and pushed her long French braid back and over her shoulder as the wind began to blow, as she gazed up at the outside of the church through violet colored eyes, wondering what the best way in would be since surely the doors would be locked up tighter than a fort. “I doubt it’ll be so easy to get in as using the front door…”

Demi’s Outfit, Cause I’m Lazy =p:

Last edited by Demi on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite]   A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:48 pm

"Ye could... but unless my ears are wrong, there's some kinda trip system rigged to it. Water is dripping on metal that makes no sense being there otherwise... Migh' be a hole in the roof, 'er else there's a broken window around the other side. Likely both, gi'en the way this entire village looks. 'know humans 're bad about keepin' their homes up, bu' this is juss kinda sad." His mind didn't even consider the whole, economy sucks if you're not nobility; no Daione lived like this, even the bottom of the ladder that chose to live outside of normal society. They took care of their own, no matter what rung of society they where on. How the hell humans managed to take over the planet living like they did was beyond him; he had to just go with the 'they breed faster than rats' theory that some of the elder races held. Bloody monkeys.

"You check the roof and upper windows. I'll sniff around for a basement or something. Maybe cut the solder on some of the stained glass windows so we have a quick out that doesn't involve breaking brick." Not hard, but it would slow them down if they needed to get out fast. Better to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://bendthis.forumotion.com/
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite]   A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:32 am

Demi looked over to Flynn and grinned with a nod. While her senses were likely not as sharp as his, she too had heard the odd sound of water on metal. Somewhere up above there indeed was probably a way inside.

"I'll race you in!", she said suddenly in a playful voice. Chuckling softly she ran over to the side of the building, not bothering to slow as she got close. To anyone who didn't know her, or perhaps hadn't been around while she trained, it looked as if she were going to run face first into the wall. However, at the last minute she pressed the bottom of her right booted foot on the building and by using the built up momentum launched herself into the air. At the peak of her jump she reached out and grabbed hold of a rough piece of brick. She kept her grip firm as she began to climb up the side of the cathedral: using nothing more than the odd piece of wood or broken brick or ledge that jutted out the mostly stone structure. When she reached the top she peered around for a moment to ensure no one was up there before she fully hoisted herself up. As she took her first few steps she noticed a darkened patch on the roof, upon moving closer she saw that it was indeed a hole in the roof. "You were right, there's a hole up here. From what I can see there's various wooden structures I could jump from till I get safely back to the ground. I could let you in then... unless you've found another way?", her voice was kept low as she spoke, but she knew Flynn was likely to hear her all the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite]   A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Hunt for Treasure [Flynn or Invite]
Page 1 of 1